In 2009, a few of us launched a wine label called 90+ Cellars as a way to offer people great bottles of wine at a price that would make them smile, high five or hug. In our search for wine for 90+ Cellars, we sometimes fall in love with bottles from unique places and grape varieties. Often these wines have flown under the radar of wine critics, and sometimes have a history of being blended into to other wines. Believing that some wine drinkers are equally adventurous, we decided to create a new label called Earthshaker. Earthshaker is a collection of wines that focus on place more than points, and stories more than scores.
Many people who make and sell wine have a philosophy that motivates them and influences the wines they make or sell. This is ours.
- The purpose of wine is to make people happy.
- Always share wines you love with others.
- Your favorite wine is probably one you haven’t tried yet.
- A special bottle is a memorable one, but not necessarily an expensive one.
- Making great wine starts with healthy soils.
- It is better for a wine to be exceptional than typical.
- There is a difference between what’s traditional and what’s just old.
- It’s okay to call yourself a wine purist, but try to avoid being a wine fascist.
- There is no such thing as a wine that tastes great to everybody.
- There is no beverage on earth that can surpass a great bottle of wine.